Karen Milder (ABN: 61 749 649 839) is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines how we manage your personal information when you visit our website, www.karenmilder.com, or otherwise interact with us.
As part of our commitment to you, we are guided by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The APPs inform the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your personal information.
Further information about the APPs may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal information means information about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
The kinds of personal information we may collect about you includes:
● Your name, billing address, shipping address, email address and telephone number.
● Bank account or credit card details, and other payment information.
● Personal information you may provide to us directly as part of our interactions with you.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about:
● Your web browser.
● Your IP address.
● Your internet service provider.
● Your time zone.
● Some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
Additionally, as you browse our website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website, and information about how you interact with our website.
We collect these kinds of information using the following technologies:
● Cookies, which are data files that are placed on your device and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
● Log files, which track actions on our website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring or exit pages, and time stamps.
● Web beacons, tags, and pixels, which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our website.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with your personal information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the personal information provided to us by the third party.
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase on our website, we collect personal information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address and phone number.
We use social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube to communicate with the public about our work.
When you communicate with us using these services, we may collect your personal information, but we only use it to help us to communicate with you and the public.
Please note that these platforms will also handle your personal information for their own purposes. These services have their own privacy policies, which you can access on their websites.
HOW WE MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Using Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
● Fulfill any orders placed through our website, including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations.
● Communicate with you.
● Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
● Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services, including by email, post and SMS.
● Improve and optimise our website, products and services. For example, by generating analytics about how you and our other customers browse and interact with our website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
● Resolve and respond to your questions or comments.
We may also use your personal information to provide you targeted marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted marketing works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information in a number of circumstances including where:
● You consent.
● Required or authorised by law.
● It is reasonably required to fulfil any of the purposes described under the heading Using Your Personal Information.
Some of the third parties we may share your personal information with include:
● Shopify, which powers our website and online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
● Google to help us understand how you and our other customers use our website. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
● Fulfillment, logistics and shipping providers.
● Payment providers.
● Other service providers that help us to manage our business.
We did not typically share your personal information with overseas recipients, except to the extent that it is stored on servers used by our service providers; Shopify, for example.
Securing Your Personal Information
Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
As noted above, Shopify powers our website and online store. Accordingly, some of your personal information may be stored on Shopify databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify stores this information on a secure server, behind a firewall.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it.
Most of the personal information you provide us during the ordering process is retained for a minimum of 7 years.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You may access the personal information we hold about you, and update or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access, update or correct your personal information, please contact us in writing.
Karen Milder will not charge any fee for your request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your personal information to you.
In order to protect your personal information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of Your Personal Information
It is important to us that your personal information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you believe the personal information we hold about you is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time. The current version is available on our website.
COMPLAINTS AND ENQUIRES
If you have any queries or complaints about how we handle your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail using details provided below:
PO Box 26, Red Hill, QLD, Australia, 4059